Craftateria Lady

I have been building my business brand out of the home.  I have a work space set up in what should be the kitchen nook.  Right now it looks like a second kitchen.  My husband brought home this bulletin board he purchased from a PetSmart that was closing.  He actually brought home 3 of them, but I sold the other 2 in a garage sale.  The thing is not very pretty, and I wanted one to hang in my work space.  What to do?

I decided I would cover it with fabric I already had. 

It will hang horizontally.  It is 48" X 36"
















I did not have enough of one fabric so I had to coordinate 2 different ones.
 






I used scissors, push pins, tape measure staples and stapler.
First figured out how much fabric I needed.  I used 1 yard of the patterned fabric and 16" of the solid.
Iron the fabric.  I then pinned the two wrong sides of the frabric together.



I then sewed the two pieces together with an 1/2 seam allowance.  Trim the seam as close as possible.  Then wrap the fabric around the board, using the push pins to hold it in place.  Then with your trusty stapler, start stapling.  Remember to pull the fabric tight as you go.  The corners are the hardest to get a nice edge.  I folded the fabric like I was wrapping a present and stapled it into place.




When all the fabric is secure turn it around and examine your work.

I am in love with it.  Now all I have to do is convince my husband to help me hang it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment