Craftateria Lady

I love toasted bread, smeared with all things that are bad for you, like butter.  Every now and then I try out a new recipe.  I am not sure where I found this one, but here goes.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened ( 1 stick of butter)
2 tsp of minced garlic
1 tbsp of dried Italian herbs
1 loaf of Italian bread


Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the butter, garlic and herbs into a small bowl.  Mash until the ingredients are well combined.


Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise.


Spread the butter mixture evenly over both halves of bread.


Place bread on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 mins.


The bread is very buttery, but the herbs do overwhelm the taste.  I would decrease the about of herbs to 1/2 tbsp and and more garlic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment