Craftateria Lady


It seems most of my blogs are about food. It is something I have to do everyday, so why not try out at least one new recipe a week. To start my day off with a great healthy and hearty breakfast, I decided to try out this recipe for baked banana oatmeal I found on the Createlive Blog. Check out all their great recipe ideas. Lets get cooking!

Ingredients
For Oatmeal:
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 1/2 cups water
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cinnamon
2-3 sliced bananas
For Topping: 
2 tbsp rolled oats
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp butter (softened)

 Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients for the oatmeal into a medium casserole dish.




Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Meanwhile combine all the ingredients for the topping in a small bowl. Mix until it forms clumps. 


After the 30 minutes, take the oatmeal out of the oven and sprinkle the topping evenly on to it. Bake in the oven for another 30 minutes. Once done you can serve hot with some milk poured over the individual servings. The leftovers do heat up well in the oven or microwave.

 
It was really good, even my husband liked it. He said it would be a great warm dessert with vanilla ice cream. However, there are a few things I will do differently next time.  First, I would only use one tbsp of cinnamon, as two overwhelmed the flavor of the bananas.  Second, I would mash the bananas so that every spoonful would get some banana flavor. Then again I think I might try this with apples next time.  Yummm ... makes me hungry thinking about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment